Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dressing Up...

Well...like most role-playing games... you 'identify' with your character.
For me, one of the first things I wanted to do was to 'change' the way my character looks...

That means to the 'fashion mall' for some shopping...

In the game, there's a FASHION MALL where you can purchase 'skin lotion' to change your character's skin colour, change her hairstyle, buy clothes, shoes and accessories etc...

And so there I was at the mall...happily shopping and 'clicking away' to 'try on' the clothes and check out how Wakylala looks in the various hairstyles.

The items can be purchased using
Option 1: 'dens' (in-game currency) or
Option 2: A-cash (@cash; obtained with using real $$ to buy A-cash cards)

Finally ... these are the new looks I'd like for my character...

Option 1:



Hairstyle: 50,000 dens

Pink/White Striped Top: 150,000 dens

White Pants: 150,000 dens

White shoes with ribbon: 150,000 dens


REAL cost: many hours of playing time (approx. >100 hours)

To my astonishment, it's gonna 'cost' me at least 500,000 dens for that. This means I have to train my character very hard for quite some time to earn enough 'dens' for the 'make-over'.


Not willing to wait that long, I decided to check out Option 2 and find out how much it'll cost me to pay some money for a new look...

Option 2:


Hairstyle: 1,200 @cash (lasts for 7 days)

Pink/White Top: 1,200 @cash (lasts for 7 days)

Dark Blue Jeans with Maroon Belt: 1,500 @cash (last for 7 days)


White shoes: 1,200 @cash (lasts for 7 days)



REAL Cost: Real money to buy @cash games card (exhange rate: SGD$10.70 = 10,000 @cash)

This will set me back by at least 5,000 @cash and it'll only last 7 days!!!

No way am I gonna spend $5 a week just to have my virtual character look this way!!! (but you'd be surprised to know many youths playing the game actually would)



Looks like I've got to stick with my current out look until I earn that 500k dens ... that'll translate to hundreds of hours gaming!!! (depending on your level of proficiency in the game)
And that'll take me many months to earn!!!

Patience...

No comments:

Post a Comment