Friday, April 24, 2009

Dressing Up (Part II)

After asking some youths at the centre, I found out that I can buy an item 'indefinitely' using A-cash.

If you have read my previous post, it means that I won't have to pay $5/week to 'maintain' my new style. I'll just have to pay more to have them 'indefinitely'. (well, indefinitely as long as the game doesn't 'close down')

So I did my sums again...

To change from

Sassy Cropped Hairdo: 6,600 @cash

Pink/White Apple Print Top: 9,000 @cash

Belted Jeans: 9,000 @cash

Sweet Heels: 3,600 @cash

Total: 28,200@cash

I'll need to buy a $30 A-cash card that would cost me SGD$30.70 (incl. GST)

Seriously, I think I'd rather spend this $30 on something more 'tangible'...

...like REAL clothes for myself?? ...

...treat myself to a good meal (REAL food)???...

These items for my character in the game look good... but they are ultimately still a bunch of 1s and Os in the computer; and in case you are unaware, these virtual items bought with YOUR money is NOT yours after purchase - In theory, it still belongs to the game developer.

I have decided.
These virtual items only deserve virtual currency - 1s & Os for 1s & Os.

The only REAL currency I'd spend on these items is TIME... Time spent playing to earn the in-game currency. And not just any 'time' but my 'entertainment time' so that I won't neglect other aspects of my life.

More about this in subsequent posts... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment