Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The shiok part for Mr Bangbang

Well guys & gals,

Since babywaky has been spending much posts to talk about her new look, I shall also bring out the latest look of Mr Bangbang, at a much lower cost ($300,000 dens lesser) then hers but yet packed in more items.


Now that we've been walking through this path of buying in-game items, I do notice TWO TRENDS

(1) Association with real life character
People who know me would probably be able to tell straight off that the clothes and items I purchased are very similar to me in real life. This would be something that I would buy in real life too and it makes me happy to see that I can get to look more like myself and feel better when playing after that. It's the same with babywaky as you look at her game character. Hence it's interesting to note that each item speaks somewhat of the player's real life character.

(2) IMBA pricing for clothes and Items
The interesting thing about the game items is that there is a huge disparity between the male and female items. By and large, female items cost more to purchase and therefore most likely have to result in buying of A-cash cards. The mentality behind that would probably be that ladies will not be stingy to spend therefore it appears that the game is targeting female consumerism. How true that is of the fashion market as well where they keep prices of female clothes low so that they are more enticed to want to buy. Both approaches also induces consumerism, though the pricing maybe be in two varying directions.

So in consideration, the OBSERVATION is this: this is more then just a game!!! It's a consumerism business!

No comments:

Post a Comment